Current Affairs 2nd May 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Bihar CM Nitish Kumar inaugurated nation’s first ethanol plant in Purnia
- Bihar’s Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has inaugurated India’s first ethanol plant in Purnia district, Bihar. The plant has been set up by Eastern India Biofuels Private Limited at a cost of ₹105 crores.
- Bihar came up with an ethanol production promotion policy in the first half of 2021. It is the country’s first grain-based ethanol plant.
- Ethanol production will help to reduce the cost of petrol and generate fresh employment opportunities in the state.
- Capital: Patna
- Governor: Phagu Chauhan
- Chief Minister:Nitish Kumar
Karnataka govt signed pact with ISMC Analog to set up semiconductor fab plant
- Karnataka government has signed an MoU with ISMC Analog Fab Private Limited (Israel-based) for setting up a semiconductor fab plant in the state at a cost of Rs 22,900 crore (USD 3 billion).
- The project will be implemented over a period of seven years and generate 1,500 jobs. The ISMC has also requested 150 acres of land in Mysuru’s Kochanahalli Industrial area.
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Chief Minister: Basavaraj S Bommai
- Governor: Thawar Chand Gehlot
Mega Health Festival inaugurated in Puducherry
- LG of Puducherry Dr Tamilisai Soundararajan and CM N Rangasamy have inaugurated a Mega Health Festival, which is jointly organised by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and Puducherry Health and Family Welfare Services Department.
- The Mela is being organised at the Puducherry Rock Beach. Super-speciality medical consultation to the common public would be given free of cost.
About Union Territory of Puducherry:
- Established: 1674
- Lieutenant Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan (Additional Charge)
- Chief Minister: Rangasamy
Railways Ministry signed MoU with C-DoT to work together for Public Safety & Security Services
- Ministry of Railways has signed a pact with the Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT) for the modernization of Telecommunication in Indian Railways for Public Safety and Security Services.
- It will be done using the LTE-R following world standards, 5G Use Cases in Indian Railways in line with Make in India policy, Internet of Things, Unified Network Management System, Network Management System, Chatting application, Routers and Switches.
Haryana govt will build stadium in Neeraj Chopra’s hometown
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has announced to build a stadium in Olympic gold-medallist Neeraj Chopra’s native village Khandra, Panipat.
- A stadium would cost ₹10 crores to the government. In 2021, Chopra (Javelin thrower) became the first Indian to win a gold medal in the Olympic track and field.
- Khelo India Youth Games-2021 will be organised by the Haryana Government from June 4 to June 13.
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Governor: Bandaru Dattatreya
- Chief minister: Manohar Lal Khattar
Statue of Unity included in ‘8 Wonders of SCO’ list
- The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation has included India’s Statue of Unity in its ‘8 Wonders of SCO’ list.
- The Statue of Unity is the statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, first Home Minister of the independent India. The 182-metre-tall statue is the world’s tallest statue located in Kevadia, Gujarat.
- The statue was inaugurated in October 2018 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the occasion of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel ‘s 143rd birth anniversary.
About Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO):
- Founded: 15 June 2001
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
- Members: India, Kazakhstan, China, Kyrgyz Republic, Pakistan, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan
- Presidency for 2022-2023: India
- Secretary-General: Zhang Ming
Banking and Financial
Government collected all-time high Rs 1.68 lakh crores as GST revenue of April 2022
- The gross revenue collection of Goods and Services Tax (GST) in the month of April 2022 is Rs 1,67,540 crore out of which CGST is Rs 33,159 crores, SGST is Rs 41,793 crores, IGST is Rs 81,939 crores.
- The gross GST collection in April 2022 is Rs 25,000 crores more than the collection in March 2022 (Rs. 1,42,095 crores). This is the tenth month in a row that the GST revenues have crossed Rs 1 lakh crore mark.
Note: List of previous months GST Collection
- March 2022: Rs 1.42 Lakh crores
- February 2022: Rs 1.33 Lakh crores
- January 2022: Rs 1.38 Lakh crores
- December 2021: Rs 1.29 Lakh crores
- November 2021: Rs 1.31 lakh crores
Union Bank of India became 1st public sector bank to go live on Account Aggregator framework
- Union Bank of India became the first public sector bank to go live on the Account Aggregator (AA) ecosystem.
- The framework facilitates sharing of financial information on a real-time basis between regulated entities. AAs are licensed by the Reserve Bank of India to enable the flow of data between Financial Information Providers (FIPs) and Financial Information Users (FIUs).
- The Account Aggregator Ecosystem helps the Lenders to leverage Digital data acquired with the consent of the Customers for providing them with a seamless journey and eliminating the need of physical documentation.
- Financial Information User (FIU) can request data from the Financial Information User (FIP) based on a simple consent given by the Customer on their Account Aggregator handle.
About Union Bank of India:
- Founded: 1919
- Headquarters:Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Rajkiran Rai G
- Tagline: Good People to Bank with
Indian Bank launched pre-approved personal loan under Project WAVE
- Indian Bank has unveiled its first digital product, pre-approved personal loan (PAPL) product under Project World of Advance Virtual Experience (WAVE).
- Aims: To provide customers with instant loan disbursements. The loan would carry aninterest rate of 10% p.a. with no foreclosure charges.
- The service is available for existing customers (regular income and pension accounts) and can be availed of through a mobile application, website, and internet banking facility.
- The digital transformation initiative – World of Advance Virtual Experience “WAVE” was launched by the Indian Bank in January 2022.
- The loan can be availed through ‘IndOASIS’ mobile app, the bank’s website or through online banking facility.The loan carries an interest rate of 10% per annum at present with no foreclosure charges.
About Indian Bank:
- Founded: 15 August 1907
- Headquarters: Chennai
- CEO: Shri Shanti Lal Jain
Appointment and Resignation
Sahas Malhotra appointed as CEO of JioSaavn
- JioSaavn has named Sahas Malhotra, a former Amazon Music director and entertainment industry expert, as its new CEO.
- Previously, Sahas Malhotra worked for Sony Music India and Tips Industries. Sahas Malhotra was the business leader at Tips Music and the marketing director for Tips Film Production at Tips Industries.
- From the JioSaavn company’s Mumbai headquarters, Sahas Malhotra will manage the company’s efforts in the rapidly changing and fascinating Indian market.
India won silver in Asian Girls Youth Beach Handball Championship
- India has won a silver medal at the second Asian Girls Youth Beach Handball Championship, held in Bangkok, Thailand.
- The team of Indian girls has defeated Hong Kong. India was represented by Anushka Chauhan, Jassi, Sanjana Kumari, Chetna Devi, Vanshika Mehta, and Isha Majumdar.
- With this medal, the team also earned a spot in the World Youth Beach Handball Championship. The senior women’s team has finished with a bronze.
Book and Author
A new book titled “Leaders, Politicians, Citizens” authored by Rasheed Kidwai
- “Leaders, Politicians, Citizens: Fifty Figures Who Influenced India’s Politics” authored by author-journalist Rasheed Kidwai compiles stories of 50 personalities who influenced India’s political landscape.
- The book is published by Hachette India. The foreword of the book is written by Shashi Tharoor, Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha).
- The 50 personalities featured in the book include Teji Bachchan, Phoolan Devi, Indira Gandhi, Rajiv Gandhi, Jayalalithaa, APJ Abdul Kalam, and Karunanidhi among others.
1 May: Maharashtra and Gujarat Statehood Day
- Maharashtra and Gujarat celebrated their statehood day on 1st May 2022. On May 1st, 1960, the bilingual state of Bombay was divided into two separate states by the Bombay Reorganisation Act, 1960: Maharashtra for Marathi speaking people and Gujarat for Gujarati speaking people.
- The state of Gujarat was formed on 1 May 1960. This day is a state holiday in Gujarat. Gujarat was established as the 15th state of the Indian Union.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief minister: Uddhav Thackeray
1 May: World Laughter Day
- World Laughter Day is celebrated on the first Sunday of every May to remind people to laugh and make those around them laugh.
- This year the day is celebrated on 1st May. It has been scientifically observed that laughter tends to decrease the cortisol level in the brain, which subsequently, affects positively on the body.
- World Laughter Day was first celebrated inMumbai in 1998 when Dr Madan Kataria, founder of the Laughter Yoga Movement, highlighted a theory through that movement.
2 May: World Tuna Day
- World Tuna Day is observed globally on 2nd May every year. This day is established by the United Nations (UN) to raise awareness about the importance of tuna fish.
- Tuna is a significant source of food for humans as the fish has several rich qualities such as Omega 3, Vitamin B12, proteins and other minerals.
- Tuna is mainly procured for two things namely traditional canned Tuna and Sashimi/Sushi. World Wildlife Fund (WWF), environmental groups have now warned the fisheries and Tuna now falls under endangered species.
- In the year 2016, the General Assembly of the UN declared May 2 as World Tuna Day to spread awareness among people regarding the importance of conserving Tuna fish.
About United Nations (UN):
- Founded: 24 October 1945, San Francisco, California, United States
- Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
- Secretary general: António Guterres