1.Chardham project, comprises improvement as well as the
development of 889 km length of national highways. The project will connect
Badrinath Dham, Kedarnath Dham, Gangotri, Yamunotri, and part of the route
leading to Kailash Mansarovar yatra.
2.The virtual edition of the Aadi Mahotsav – Madhya Pradesh
launched. Aadi Mahotsav is a national tribal festival and a joint
initiative of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India &
Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED).
3. SCO Online Exhibition on Shared Buddhist Heritage was
launched at the 19th Meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation
Council of Heads of Government (SCO CHG), held in New Delhi recently. It
is the first ever of its kind.
4. WHO World Malaria Report 2020: India is the only high
endemic country which has reported a decline of 17.6% in 2019 as compared to
2018. In India, Implementation has been started in four states i.e. West Bengal
and Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh.
5. Chinese probe ‘Chang’e-5’ lands on Moon to collect
samples. The objective of the mission is to bring back lunar rocks, the
first attempt by any nation to retrieve samples from the moon in four decades.
6. ‘Bihar’ is holding a bird festival for the
first time as part of its initiative to save migratory birds that arrive in the
state in large numbers every year. The Vikramshila Dolphin Sanctuary is
7. December 3 is marked by the UN as International Day of
Persons with Disabilities in a bid to promote a more inclusive and
accessible world for the differently-abled and to raise awareness for their
rights. 2.2% of India’s population lives with some kind of physical or mental
8. Himachal Pradesh wants GI status for five products:
These include- Karsog Kulth, Thangi of Pangi, Chamba
Metal Crafts, Chamba Chukh, and Rajmah of Bharmour.
9. On December 6, the country observed Mahaparinirvan Diwas,
which marks the death anniversary of Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar.
10. National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited will
be adopting Light Detection and Ranging Survey (LiDAR) technique using
Laser enabled equipment mounted on a Helicopter for conducting ground
survey for the preparation of Detailed Project Report for the proposed
Delhi-Varanasi HSR corridor. LiDAR is a
remote sensing method that uses light in the form of a pulsed laser to
measure ranges (variable distances) to the Earth.
11. Ramnagar Forest Division in Nainital district,
Uttarakhand, recently built its first eco-bridge for reptiles and smaller
12. The Uttar Pradesh government has recently embarked upon
a scheme to take the unique culture of its ethnic Tharu tribe across
13. The Vadhavan port will be India’s 13th major port. Its
located in Maharastra. It has been planned as an ‘All Weather, All Cargo’
satellite port to enhance capabilities in handling deep draft ships and larger
14. After Sikkim, Lakshadweep is the first Union Territory
to become 100 per cent organic as all farming is carried out without the
use of synthetic fertilisers and pesticides.
15. The Rajgir Zoo Safari in Nalanda, Bihar and Shaheed
Ashfaque Ullah Khan Prani Udyaan in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh were granted
recognition by central govt.
16. Public Wi-Fi plan ‘PM Wani’ gets cabinet approval. It
was first recommended by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI)
17. Assam’s Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary is also known
as ‘Mini Kaziranga’. It has the highest density of one-horned rhinos
in the world and second highest concentration in Assam after Kaziranga National
18. Submarine day is Celebrated on December 8th. It
was on December 8 that the Indian Naval Ensign was unfurled on INS
Kalvari, the first submarine to be inducted in the Indian Navy, at Riga in
Latvia, the erstwhile USSR, in 1967.
19. The Union Cabinet has given its approval for Atmanirbhar
Bharat Rojgar Yojana (ABRY) to boost employment in formal sector and
incentivize creation of new employment opportunities during the Covid
recovery phase under Atmanirbhar Bharat Package 3.0.
20. Foundation stone of the new Parliament building. This
took place nearly a hundred years after the foundation for the existing
Parliament was laid by Duke of Connaught on February 12, 1921.
21. ‘HelpAge India’ has been presented the UN
Population Award for 2020 (institutional category).For the first time in
the history of the UN Population Award, the honour is being conferred on
an Indian institution.
22. Koilwar Bridge constructed over Sone river in Bihar
23. Fifteenth Finance Commission chairman N.K. Singh has
called for a fresh look at the Constitution’s Seventh Schedule, which
forms the basis for allocating subjects to the Centre and States. This is
necessary to give more flexibility to States in implementing centrally
sponsored schemes and to reinforce trust in fiscal federalism.
24. ksham: It is the 5th and the last Offshore Patrol Vessel
designed and built by Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL) for Indian Coast Guard.
25. ‘DakPay’ is a new digital payment application launched
by the Department of Posts and the India Post Payments Bank (IPPB). The
Meghdoot award:It is given every year by the Postal Department for excellence
in postal service.