1.2022 Wings India Cochin International Airport wins ‘Govt Champion’ award:
Wings India has won the Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) ‘Govt Champion’ award in 2022. CIAL Executive Director S Suhas received the Govt Champion Award from IAS Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Cynthia.
CIAL has been awarded for the successful implementation of a mission called ‘Mission Safeguarding’ during the epidemic to ensure safe travel at Cochin Airport. Kempegowda International Airport in Bangalore also won the ‘Best Airport’ and ‘Aviation Innovation’ award. Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (CSMIA) has won the ‘Air Sustainability and Environment’ award.
2.2022 World Drama Day is celebrated on March 27:
World Drama Day, promoted by the International Theater Institute (ITI), is celebrated annually on March 27. It is promoted by its centers and supported by theatrical communities around the world.
- The celebration of World Drama Day has been the focus of the ITI’s strong focus on youth, the next generation of emerging artists in recent times.
- This day was started in June 1961 by ITI by President Arvi Kiwima.
- Since 1962, World Drama Day has been celebrated around the world on March 27th.
- Lieutenant General Vinod G Kandare has been appointed Adviser to the Ministry of Defense:
- Lieutenant General Vinod G. Kandare (retd) has been appointed Adviser to the Ministry of Defense to provide strategic intelligence and advice to the Secretary of Defense on matters related to defense strategy.
- General Kandare retired from the army at the end of January 2018. He also served as Military Adviser to the National Security Council Secretariat (NSCS) in the Prime Minister’s Office until October 2021. He was also posted to the Indian Army’s 14 Garhwal Rifles in September 1979 as part of the SS-28 syllabus of the Officers Training Academy, Chennai.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah introduces ‘Criminal Procedure (Identity) Bill, 2022’ in
- Amit Shah Introduces ‘Criminal Procedure (Identity) Bill, 2022’ in the Lok Sabha:
- The Lok Sabha. The bill seeks to identify existing prisoners under the 1920 Act.
- Repeals and allows police to collect their behavioral characteristics under Section 53A 1973 of the Criminal Code.
The bill also aims to provide criminals and other individuals with the police for their identities, investigations into criminal matters and records to protect their measurements.
- India – United Arab Emirates Free Trade Agreement is expected to come into force:
- The Free Trade Agreement between India and the United Arab Emirates is expected to take effect on May 1 this year.
- The India-UAE Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) was signed during the India-UAE Summit on 18 February 2022 between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Sheikh Mohammed bin Saeed Al Nahyan in New Delhi.
The agreement aims to increase trade between the two countries to $ 100 billion over the next five years. Also India – United Arab Emirates CEPA is the first deep and complete free trade agreement that India has signed with any country in the last decade.
Minister of Commerce and Industry: Piyush Goyal
- I & P Minister Anurag Thakur launches training for Emirates jobs and skills at Dubai Expo:
I & P Minister Anurag Thakur inaugurated the training for Emirates jobs and skills at the Dubai Expo.
Purpose of this project:
- The scheme aims at empowering, certifying and overseas employment of Indians.
- Minister of Information and Broadcasting: Anurag Thakur
- Dubai Founded: 9 June 1833.
7.South Western Railway (SWR) Cycling Team wins All India Railway Road Cycling Championship:
The South Western Railway (SWR) cycling team wins the 58th All India Railway Road Cycling Championship at Bikaner. The championship was organized by the Northwestern Railway Sports Association. The Southwestern Railway team won one gold and four silver medals to win the championship.
SWR: South Western Railway.
- Oscar 2022: The science fiction adventure film ‘Doon’ won 6 awards and won the CODA Award for Best Picture:
- The 94th Academy Awards Ceremony was held at the Dolby Theater in Los Angeles.
- At the 94th Academy Awards, Will Smith won the first Oscar of his career for his role in King Richard.
- Jessica Chastain won Best Actress for The Eyes of Tommy Fake.
- Haryana Deboss won Best Supporting Actress for West Side Story.
- CODA has won the award for Best Picture. The film was nominated in three categories and was successful in all three.
- Dune won six of the ten Oscars for Best Original Score, Best Cinematography, Best Visual Effects, Best Cinematography, Best Sound and Best Product Design.
- Best Sound: “Toon”
- Best Cinematography: “Toon”
- Best Documentary Short: “The Queen of Basketball”
- Best Visual Effects: “Toon”
- Best Animated Film: “Encondo”
- Best Animated Short: “The Windshield Viper”
- The Japanese film Drive My Car won the Best International Feature.
- Kenneth Frank won the Best Original Screenplay Award for Belfast.
- Sean Heather won the award for Best Adaptation Screenplay for CODA.
- Swiss Open 2022 PV Sindhu wins the title:
PV Sindhu won her second women’s singles title of the season at the Swiss Open 2022 final. Sindhu, who won a double medal at the Olympics, played in the final of the second consecutive year, beating the Thai athlete in the jakobshal.
This is Sindh’s 16th win against Busan.
Meanwhile, HS Pranoy lost in the men’s singles final to Jonathan Christie of Indonesia.
10.Bangladesh celebrates India as a friend of the War of Independence:
The event, held at the National Museum in Dhaka, showcased India’s extraordinary role during the Bangladesh Liberation War to the country’s younger generation.
Monuments were erected in 1971 in recognition of the contribution of India and the Indian Armed Forces during the Bangladesh Liberation War.
ICT Minister Zunaid Ahmed Palak acknowledged India’s continued support for the ongoing cooperation between the two countries, which began in 1971, and called India a ‘true friend’ in the creation of a digital Bangladesh. He said India was assisting Bangladesh in setting up high-tech parks, India-Bangladesh Pick-Entertainment Center and other sophisticated projects in every district.
- Decentralized Waste Management Technology Park to be opened in New Jafrabad, East Delhi:
Project by the Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India in association with the East Delhi Municipal Corporation (EDMC). The waste-to-wealth mission of the Office of the Chief Scientific Adviser to the Government of India, in association with the East Delhi Municipal Corporation (EDMC), is set to open a decentralized waste management technology park in New Delhi, New Delhi.
Onsite processing of new municipal solid waste. The aim is to create a scalable onsite processing technology park with the aim of reflecting zero waste and zero energy.
- Prime Minister Kareeb Kalyan’s Anna Yojana has been extended by half a year:
The Union Cabinet, headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has extended Prime Minister Karib Kalyan’s plan for another six months. The Union Cabinet, headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has extended the Prime Minister’s Karib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PM-GKAY) scheme for another six months till September 2022 to show concern and compassion for the backward and vulnerable areas.
Phase-V of the PM-GKAY project will end in March 2022. PM-GKAY has been in effect since April 2020. It is the largest food security project in the world.
The central government has extended the Prime Minister’s Karib Kalyan Anna Yojana scheme till September 2022, which aims to provide free food grains to poor citizens.
- The Western Naval Command conducts a security exercise called ‘Prastan’ off the coast of Mumbai:
The Western Naval Command of the Indian Navy has organized a maritime security exercise called ‘Prastan’ in the Offshore Development Area (ODA) in Mumbai. This exercise is conducted every six months to ensure coastal safety. In addition to the Navy, Indian Air Force, Coast Guard, ONGC, Mumbai Port Trust, Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust, Customs, State Fisheries Department, Commercial Marine Department and Marine Police participated in the exercise.
Sustainable operating procedures (SOPs) have been upgraded as a result of training conducted throughout the day and carry out a number of contingencies in the maritime security area beyond Mumbai.
Chief of Naval Staff: Admiral R Hari Kumar;
Indian Navy established: 26 January 1950.
- Adi Bazaar is a sacred festival of tribal culture:
In line with the line of Adi Bazaars – the spirit celebration of tribal culture and cuisine, the new one was unveiled on March 26, 2022 at Ekta in Kvadia, a statue of unity in the Narmada district of Gujarat.
The 11-day exhibition, which began on March 26 and ended on April 5, will feature Ms. Nimishaben Sudar, Minister for Tribal Development, Health, Family Welfare and Medical Education, Government of Gujarat, in the presence of Dr. Kuberbai Mansukbai Tindor, Associate Minister for Higher and Technical Education, Legislative and Parliamentary Affairs, Gujarat; Inaugurated in the presence of Shri Ramsingh Ratwa, Chairman, DRI.
- According to a UNEP report, Dhaka has been declared the world’s most noisy city:
According to the latest ‘Annual Boundary Report 2022’ released by the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP), Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh, is ranked as the most polluted city in the world. According to the report, the city will record its maximum (dB) noise pollution of 119 decibels in 2021.
Moradabad in Uttar Pradesh ranks second with 114 decibels of noise pollution. Islamabad, the capital of Pakistan, is in third place with a maximum noise pollution of 105 dB.