Daily Current Affairs March 29, 2022
1.Actress Deepika Padukone named in inaugural TIME100 Impact Award:
- Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone has been named as one of the awardees of the TIME100 Impact Awards 2022.
- The actress has got featured on the inaugural TIME100 Impact Awards list for her work in mental health struggles and raising awareness, through her LiveLoveLaugh Foundation.
- The award recognizes global leaders who have gone above and beyond to move their industries and the world forward.
- Apart from Deepika, six other global leaders have also been honoured with the award.
- The awards were presented at the Museum of the Future in Dubai.
- Robert Abelo of Malta, located in the Mediterranean, becomes Prime Minister:
- Malta is an island nation located in the Mediterranean Sea. Robert Abela has been re-elected Prime Minister of Malta for the second time following the victory of the ruling Labor Party in the 2022 general election.
- He was sworn in by President George Vella. Abela first became prime minister in January 2020, following the resignation of former Labor leader and prime minister Joseph Muscat.
- Capital of Malta: Valletta; Currency: Euro.
- Indian women’s team wins SAFF U-18 Women’s Championship 2022:
- India wins 3rd edition of SAFF U-18 Women’s Football Championship
- The 2022 edition of the International Football Tournament for National Under-18 National Teams was held at the JRT Tata Sports Complex in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand. Tournament player Linda Kom scored a total of five goals to beat Bangladesh.
- SAFF: South Asian Football Federation
- The 11th edition of Rashtriya Sanskrit Mahotsav 2022 was successfully held:
Rashtriya Sanskrit Mahotsav 2022 The Rashtriya Sanskrit Mahotsav will be held on March 26 and 27, 2022 at the Government Arts College Grounds in Rajahmundry.
The first Rashtriya Sanskrit Mahotsav was held in 2015. As part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, the Minister of Culture and Tourism, G.K. In the presence of Reddy and Andhra Pradesh Governor Shri Biswabhushan Harisanthan. The two-day Rashtriya Sanskrit Mahotsav will be held at the Government Arts College Grounds in Rajahmundry. The first Rashtriya Sanskrit Mahotsav was held in 2015, which received a positive response from the media and the general public.
It aims to represent regional cultures, exhibit traditional arts and crafts, and allow artisans to sell their wares and showcase their best skills.
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches ‘Krih Pravesam’:
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the ‘Grih Pravesam’ scheme for about 5.21 lakh beneficiaries in Madhya Pradesh. Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan was also present on the occasion.
Launched in 2015, the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) is an initiative of the Government of India aimed at providing affordable housing to certain sections of the community. The PMAY project aims to build about 20 million affordable homes by March 31, 2022.
- Admiral R Hari Kumar joins the Indian Navy in the presence of Air Squadron 316 Commander:
The new Commander of the Navy, R. Hari Kumar, joined the Indian Navy on 1 January 1983. With more than 38 years of service, he has led the Coast Guard C-01, IN Ship Nishang, Cora, Ranveer and aircraft carrier INS. Virat.
Admiral R Hari Kumar Air Squadron (INS) 316 (INS) The Commander of the Indian Navy, INS, arrived at Dabolim, Goa to operate the Hansa. Commander of the Navy Admiral R. Hari Kumar (Admiral R. Hari Kumar) Air Squadron (INS) 316 commanded at INS Hansa in Dabolim, Goa. The Commander of the Navy said that in today’s dynamic and complex security environment, the operational capability of this force will significantly enhance our ability to protect, defend and enhance our national maritime interests. INAS 316 will operate the Boeing P-8L, one of the most sophisticated multi-role long-range naval reconnaissance and anti-submarine warplanes.
- The book published by NITI Ayog and FAO was published by Union Agriculture Minister Shri Tomar:
Union Minister for Agriculture and Agrarian Welfare Mr. Narendra Singh Tomar unveiled the book (Indian Agriculture – Towards 2030) published by NITI AYOG and FAO at an event in Delhi.
The book aims at ways to increase farmers’ incomes, nutrition protection and sustainable food and farming practices. In addition, the Central Government is implementing a number of initiatives for the development of the agricultural sector with foresight, taking into account climate change and changing weather conditions.
FAO: Food and Agriculture Organization
- President Ramnath Govind lauds 3rd National Water Awards:
President Ramnath Govind congratulates the winners of the 3rd National Water Awards at the Science Pavilion in New Delhi. During the event, the President also launched the Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Catch the Rain campaign 2022.
Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and Tamil Nadu bagged the first, second and third prizes respectively in the Best State and Best State category. 57 awards were presented to states, organizations and individuals in 11 different categories including Best District, Best Grama Panchayat and Best Urban Local Body.
The need for an integrated National Water Awards was felt to encourage people to adopt a holistic approach to water resources management. These awards seek to raise awareness among the public about the importance of water and to encourage them to adopt best practices in effective water management.
The first National Water Award was launched in 2018 by the Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- On the occasion of the 211th birth anniversary of Sri Sri Harisand Thakur, the Prime Minister is participating in the Matwa Dharma Maha Mela 2022 in West Bengal:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses the Matwa Dharma Maha Mela 2022 in Sridham Thakur Nagar, West Bengal on the occasion of the 211th birth anniversary of Sri Sri Harisand Thakur.
Sri Sri Harisand Thakur ji dedicated his life for the betterment of the oppressed, downtrodden and downtrodden people in undivided Bengal in the pre-independence period. The social and religious movement started by him originated in Orakandi in Bangladesh in 1860 and led to the formation of the Matwa Dharma.
Matuva Dharma Maha Mela 2022, 2022 is organized by All India Matuva Mahasangha from 29th to 5th April.
- Federal policy to set up 21 Greenfield airports across the country level approved:
The government has given in-principle approval to set up 21 Greenfield airports across the country. General Minister of Civil Aviation VK Singh said in a written reply to the state assembly.
21 Greenfield Airports will be located at:
Airports in Moba, Goa; Navi Mumbai, Sindhudurg and Shirdi in Maharashtra; Bijapur, Hassan, Kalaburgi and Shimoga in Karnataka; Dabra in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh; Kushinagar and Jawahar (Noida) in Uttar Pradesh. These airports will be located in Gujarat, Pondicherry, Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal, Sikkim, Kerala and Arunachal Pradesh. Eight of these 21 airports are already operational.
Greenfield Airport is a term used to identify a new airport, newly built in a new location. Such airports are built to support the planned requirements for the transportation of the existing airport.
- India’s first steel road is located in Gujarat:
Surat, Gujarat, has a road made entirely of steel waste, which is one of the best phenomena of sustainable development. ArcelorMittal Nippon has partnered with Steel India, the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) India, the Central Road Research Institute (CRRI) and the government think tank Nithi Ayog on the Steel Slack Road.
- DRDO successfully tests Indian Army’s “MRSAM” missile:
The Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) conducted two successful aircraft tests of the Indian Army’s Long Range Surface First Air Missile (MRSAM) against high-speed air targets at an integrated test site at Chandipur on the Odisha coast.
The first test launch is for intercepting a long-range target at medium altitude and the second launch is for a short-range target at low altitude. The Indian military version of the MRSAM is a surface-to-air missile. It is a joint venture between DRDO and Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI), Israel.
- The 5th India-Bahrain Foreign Office Consultative Meeting was held in New Delhi:
The 5th India-Bahrain Foreign Office Consultative Meeting was held in New Delhi.
It was chaired by the Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Embassy, Passport, Visa and Overseas Indian Affairs) Dr. Awsab Saeed and the Deputy Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs Dr. Sheikh Abdullah bin Ahmed Al Khalifa.
Both sides appreciated the pace of multilateral relations between the two countries. They also aim to discuss regional and multilateral issues.
- The United States and the Philippines have launched the largest military exercise, ‘Balikatan 2022’:
The U.S. military and the Philippine military have launched a joint military exercise called Balochistan 2022. The United States Army and the Philippine Army begin military training in Balochistan 2022. The Philippine-led annual training will take place throughout the Luzon region from March 28 to April 8, 2022 in the Philippine region near Taiwan. About 8,900 Filipino and American troops take part in the military exercise, the largest Balikatan military exercise.
- Capital of the Philippines: Manila;
- Philippine Currency: Philippine peso;
- President of the Philippines: Rodrigo Duterte.
- An agreement to resolve the decades-long border dispute between Assam and Meghalaya was signed in Delhi:
The Chief Ministers of Assam and Meghalaya today signed the Boundary Agreement in the presence of Union Home Minister Amit Shah at the MHA office today to resolve the 50-year-old border issue.
Assam and Meghalaya border dispute:
When Meghalaya was partitioned from Assam in 1972, there was a long-standing land crisis. Boundary issues arose as a result of different measurements of boundaries in the initial agreement from both sides. Many conflicts have erupted over the border issue between the two neighboring states.
- Chief Minister of Assam: Himanta Biswa Sharma
- Chief Minister of Meghalaya: Conrad K. Sangma.